Saturday, September 20, 2014

Hipster Holocost 2010

Much like the Goose Island Bridge or the Kinzie Ave. drawbridge, I've always thought that the Ashland Ave. drawbridge is another distinctive part of Chicago. Unfortunately, unlike those other bridges, there are far fewer vantage points from which to shoot it. After getting frustrated from trying to shoot from the middle of the other Ashland Ave. drawbridge - and having the vibrations from crossing traffic throw off my shots - I moved off to the north side of the bridge to shoot from solid ground.

There had been heavy rainstorms earlier that day which can usually make for dramatic sunsets but in this case, the solid cloud bank just sort of produced a weird sunset. But I didn't have a good shot of this bridge before, so at least I checked this off the list.

Hipster Holocaust 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment