Sunday, November 13, 2011

Getting the Shot II


So this was all about light and color. There is the photographic concept of photographing light but I’m not sure if this photo really falls into that definition or not but I will immediately admit that what drew my eye to this scene was quality and intensity of the light and the colors in the scene. This is something I’ve noticed more and more during my time in photography – my eye being attracted less to the scene and more to the interplay of light and color. The trick in those situations – to me – is either find a way to make an interesting photo of what may not be an interesting scene or find a way of photographing the light itself.

A Place Called Georgetown

I’d like to think that I did that here. I don’t remember exactly what I was doing by Georgetown this particular day with all my gear but as I walked up 37th St, I was presented with this spectacular palate. Brilliant lighting combined with the colors of the scene just screamed photo. I set up and shot a couple of sequences – this was a little tricky as I didn’t want any people in my shot and there were a few walking around. I did wind up losing a yellow taxi cab parked in front of the police car which would have provided even more contrast, but I think the photo is still better for not having anyone in it. People suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment